1. Assume that the data has a normal distribution and the number of observations is greater than fifty. Find the critical z value used to test a null hypothesis. = 0.09 for a right-tailed test. (Points : 5) ±1.96 1.34 ±1.34 1.96
2. Find the value of the test statistic z using z = The claim is that the proportion of drowning deaths of children attributable to beaches is more than 0.25, and the sample statistics include n = 681 drowning deaths of children with 30% of them attributable to beaches. (Points : 5) 3.01 2.85 -2.85 -3.01
3. Use the given information to find the P-value. Also, use a 0.05 significance level and state the conclusion about the null hypothesis (reject the null hypothesis or fail to reject the null hypothesis). The test statistic in a left-tailed test is z = -1.83. (Points : 5) 0.0672; reject the null hypothesis 0.0336; reject the null hypothesis 0.9664; fail to reject the null hypothesis 0.0672; fail to reject the null hypothesis
4. Use the given information to find the P-value. Also, use a 0.05 significance level and state the conclusion about the null hypothesis (reject the null hypothesis or fail to reject the null hypothesis).
With H1: p < 3/5, the test statistic is z = -1.68
p- value = 0.0465, Reject the null hypothesis
5. Find the critical value or values of based on the given information. H1: > 26.1 n = 9 = 0.01 (Points : 5) 1.646 21.666 20.090 2.088
6. Find the number of successes x suggested by the given statement. A computer manufacturer randomly selects 2850 of its computers for quality assurance and finds that 1.79% of these computers are found to be defective. (Points : 5) 51 56 54 49
7. Assume that you plan to use a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to test the claim that p1 = p2, Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the pooled estimate Round your answer to the nearest thousandth. n1 = 570; n2 = 1992 x1 = 143; x2 = 550 (Points : 5) 0.541 0.270 0.520 0.216
8. Assume that you plan to use a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to test the claim that p1 = p2. Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the z test statistic for the hypothesis test. A report on the nightly news broadcast stated that 10 out of 108 households with pet dogs were burglarized and 20 out of 208 without pet dogs were burglarized. (Points : 5) z = -0.041 z = -0.102 z = 0.000 z = -0.173
9. Assume that you plan to use a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to test the claim that p1 = p2. Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the P-value for the hypothesis test. n1 = 50; n2 = 75 x1 = 20; x2 = 15 (Points : 5) 0.0032 0.0146 0.1201 0.0001
10. Construct the indicated confidence interval for the difference between population proportions p1 – p2. Assume that the samples are independent and that they have been randomly selected. x1 = 61, n1 = 105 and x2 = 82, n2 = 120; Construct a 98% confidence interval for the difference between population proportions p1 – p2. (Points : 5) 0.456 < p1 – p2 < 0.707 0.432 < p1 – p2 < 0.730 -0.228 < p1 – p2 < 0.707 -0.252 < p1 – p2 < 0.047
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more