Chapter Six: Addiction Across the Life Span
This week we are discussing addiction across the lifespan. Please watch this Ted Talk by addiction expert, Dr Gabor Mate:
Then compose a 300-word top-level post in ESSAY format that responds to these questions:
1. How does Mate define addiction and what does he mean when he says “we need to look at what’s right about addiction”? (i.e. what do people get out of their addictions?)
2. How does he relate his own shopping addiction to other addictions (i.e., problems that resulted in his life)
3. How does the human brain and its interaction with the environment impact addiction?
4. In his experience, how does early trauma and abuse impact addiction and what does he say about intergenerational trauma and its impact on addiction?
5. What are your thoughts on this TedTalk and the perspective taken by Gabor Mate on addiction?
*** Be sure to use examples from the readings and field trip to support your answers to the above questions.***
***Pay close attention to the DB rubric in Course Information so you get full credit!!***
Be sure to create one 300-word top level post in ESSAY FORMAT (not numbered responses)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more