The main object of study for this week (as well as for all of Algebra) is the Function. A function “f” is a correspondence between two sets, the domain of the function, x, and the range of the function, f(x) such that every element x of the domain corresponds with exactly one element y, or f(x), of the range.
In this week’s Algebra Talk, we will discuss the concept of a function along with some properties and examples. Please start by addressing one or more of the following topics to get the discussion going:
1. Give an example from real life where functions are utilized. For ideas, look it up on the internet or find some examples in the textbook. Why did you pick this example? How might you or your classmates use this in the future?
2. If the domain and range of a function consists of real numbers, then you can graph it by plotting all ordered pairs of the form (x, f(x)). How can you tell by looking at a graph if it represents a function?
3. What is meant by a “piecewise-defined” function? Give a real-world example or an example using real numbers.
Example: Here is a real-world example to help you explain what a piecewise-defined function is and to give other examples:
At a local pizza restaurant, it costs $15 for a cheese pizza. However, if you buy more than 5 pizzas, it only costs $12 per pizza. Thus, the cost of a pizza is given by the following piecewise-defined function:
4. Why are there usually two solutions in quadratic equations?
5. Give an example from real life where quadratics are utilized. For ideas, look it up on the internet or find examples in the textbook. Why did you pick this example?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more