This assignment is designed to give you practice reading and summarizing secondary source material. When academics and literary scholars conduct their research and write up their findings, they rely on their ability to read and understand what others have written about their topic, and to synthesize and condense the main points of those arguments into their own words. Writing a summary of a scholarly article about of the readings from our course will help you develop this vital skill, as well as hone the Content Knowledge associated with the Course Objectives.
SKILLS TO ACQUIRE
The Summary Writing Assignment will help you master several important skills necessary to performing writing tasks in college and engaging with ideas and values that are foundational to a well-rounded university education.
• Identify literary genres, major writers, and important schools of thought in American literature from the pre-colonial era to the end of the 18th century.
• Summarize, interpret, and analyze literary texts in relation to a specific argumentative thesis.
• Utilize and extend the reading, writing, and critical thinking skills developed in ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102.
• Identify the cultural factors that shaped American literature and define the common concerns and values of humanity as expressed through literature.
TASKS TO COMPLETE
• Choose one article from any of the ENGL 2131 recommended reading list 2019 from Units 2-5 and compose a 500-word summary.
• Include a bibliographical citation (MLA) at the beginning of the summary for your article of choice.
• Compose a short statement (usually more than one sentence) explaining the author’s thesis in the article.
• Identify all the sub-points that support the author’s thesis; also, identify the key ideas and terms from all major sections of the article, with a sense of conclusion at the end.
• This assignment is worth 99 points and will count 10 % of your total grade for the course.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINDING YOUR ARTICLE IN GALILEO
From your course navigation bar, click on the Library tab and select the GALILEO link—click on “Browse by Subject”—click on “Literature, Language, and Literary Criticism”—click on “Academic Search Complete”—and then enter in the search button at the top of the screen the author’s last name and the title (ie., Schweitzer John Winthrop’s “Model” of American Affiliation). The article will usually appear at the top of the list. Click on the article entry and the full details of the article will appear on your screen. The articles are available in “pdf. full text” or “HTML.” which will appear on the left-hand side of the page. Click on “pdf.” and the original text of the article will appear for you; the “HTML” text will be the same text but not as it appeared originally in print. You can read and summarize from your screen or download it to your computer and read it later or print it out and summarize it from a printed copy.
SUBMITTING YOUR SUMMARY
Open the Assignment folder for the Summary Writing Assignment and attach your final document by the assignment due date. Be sure to save the assignment in .doc, .docx, or RTF format. Your instructor must be able to open your submission in order for you to receive credit. Save your file with your last name, first initial and “Summary Writing Assignment” (i.e., JonesP-Summary Writing Assignment.doc)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more