Part 1 Instructions: homework#4
The links below provide several full length videos on exciting examples of animal learning and intelligence. Each video is around 45-50 minutes long from either Nova.
Please pick 1 full length video (45-50 minutes) that interests you from the links provided below to watch. You need to watch the entire video in full. You are not required to watch multiple videos (unless of course you want a fun distraction).
*Choice A (there are 3 full length videos on this link – you only need to pick 1 video if you choose Choice A)
Please answer the questions below:
1) Which video did you pick (i.e., what is the title)?
2) In 2-3 complete sentences in your own words, what was the video about?
3) In complete sentences, please give me 4 facts that you found interesting while watching the video.
4) Please provide 2 conclusions (in your own words and in complete sentences) about animal learning and/or intelligence the video left you with.
Part 2 instructions:
I am a huge fan of animal learning and intelligence! Please pick a species that interests you, and do a short amount of research (15 min) on facts about that animals’ intelligence. You can use any web references and there is no need to site references, just make sure you are not on a mom blog! This a fun – low stakes homework, no need to stress.
The links below provide factual and fun clips from Nova/BBC if you would like to pick one of those animals. Otherwise, feel free to select a different animal and use different resources. And remember, intelligence doesn’t always have to be high cognition like a great ape or a dolphin…intelligence can be social, feeding related, or defense strategies…think octopus!
Some short videos on animal learning that may interest you for Part 2. However, you can pick any species that interest you!
Please answer the questions below:
5) Which animal did you pick?
6) In your own words and in complete (good grammar) sentences, please describe 4 facts about the learning processes and/or the intelligence of the animal you picked.
7) Please give me your general opinion (there is no right or wrong answer) in no more than 4-6 sentences of the following questions: Do you think animals are intelligent? Do you think animal intelligence is often overlooked or understudied?
For Homework #5, please watch the following video and answer the question below in complete sentences and in your own words. Please use the text entry submission method from previous homeworks:
1. What are 2 advantages of living in large social groups?
2. Please give an example of a species that lives in large social groups.
3. What are 2 disadvantages about living in large social groups?
4. What is 1 benefit of being a solitary animal?
5. What is 1 disadvantage of being a solitary animal?
6. Please give an example of species that lives a solitary lifestyle.
The following are just some things to think about while watching the video:
As you watch this episode keep in mind what it takes to make living with others of your own kind work out to be a benefit. You will want to take notes of the examples shown of the different animals, the arrangement of their social groups, and the challenges they face living together.
Social behavior is interactions between two or more organisms, typically animals, usually conspecifics
Some animals are more social than others, with the minimal social behavior necessary between sexually reproducing animals being that associated with mating
The complexity of behavior increases dramatically when interactions among individuals are considered. Aggression, courtship, cooperation, and even deception are part of the behavioral landscape of social behavior. Social behavior has both costs and benefits to members of those species that interact extensively.
Society – a group of individuals of the same species that is organized in a cooperative manner usually extending beyond sexual and parental behavior.
Cooperation – the aggregation of individuals for mutual benefit.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more