1. The principles of conduct governing an individual or a group are referred to as ________.
2. Procedural justice refers to the ________.
a. degree to which managers treat employees with dignity as opposed to abuse or disrespect
b. fairness of the process used to arrive at a decision
c. manner in which managers conduct their interpersonal dealings with employees
d. fairness of a decision’s result
3. The Enron debacle, “It’s not the rules but what employees feel they should do that determines ethical
behavior,” is a description of ________.
a. national culture
b. organizational culture
c. organizational climate
d. organizational ethics
4. The CEO of Southwest Airlines can sometimes be seen helping out at a gate, handling luggage, and assisting
cabin attendants while in flight. This is an example of ________ to create and sustain the company’s culture.
a. organizing ceremonies
b. providing physical support
c. using signs and symbols
d. clarifying expectations
5. All of the following is a step in discipline without punishment except:
a. if no further incidents purge the one-day suspension from the file
b. contact others involved
c. give a paid, one-day “decision-making leave”
d. None of the above.
6. The most drastic step a manager can take in response to an employee offense is ________.
b. time off without pay
c. written warning
d. warning documented in employee file
7. Which of the basis for dismissal is defined as the persistent failure to perform assigned duties or to meet
prescribed standards on the job?
b. changed requirements of job
c. unsatisfactory performance
d. lack of qualifications for job
8. Misconduct, one of the basis for dismissal, is defined as ________.
a. an employee’s inability to do the work assigned because the nature of the job has changed
b. an employee’s inability to do the assigned work despite his or her diligence
c. the deliberate and willful violation of the employer’s rules and may include stealing and
d. the persistent failure to perform assigned duties or to meet prescribed standards on the job
9. What law requires that employers of 100 or more employees receive 60 days’ notice before closing a facility
or starting a layoff of 50 people or more?
a. Electronic Communications Privacy Act
c. Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
10. The plant closing law requires employers with ________ or more employees to give advance notification
prior to closing a facility.
11. What is the second step in the guidelines for an effective termination interview?
a. plan the interview carefully
b. get to the point
c. describe the situation
12. The ________ shop form of union security means that the company can hire non-union people, but those
people must join the union within a prescribed period of time.
13. In what year was the Wagner Act passed?
14. Which law gave employers the right to express their views concerning union organization?
a. Gompers Act
b. Landrum-Griffin Act
c. Taft-Hartley Act
d. Norris-LaGuardia Act
15. ________ is an organizing tactic by which full-time undercover union organizers are hired unknowingly by
employers in order to sway union elections.
a. Union salting
16. All of the following are examples of permissible bargaining items except:
a. overtime pay
b. use of union label
c. indemnity bonds
d. cafeteria prices
17. Illegal bargaining items are ________.
a. items which must be negotiated according to law
b. a part of negotiations through joint agreement of both management and union
c. forbidden by law
d. All of the above.
18. Fact finding seeks to end an impasse by ________.
a. communicating assessments of the likelihood of a strike
b. interpreting existing contract terms
c. studying the issue in a dispute and making a public recommendation
d. assisting the principals in reaching an agreement
19. Employers dealing with an unfair labor practice strike can use all of the following responses except:
a. shut down the affected area until the strike ends
b. hire permanent replacement workers
c. contract out work to other operations
d. continue operations with supervisors filling in
20. Which of the following is not a basis for reducing and preventing accidents at work?
a. reducing unsafe conditions
b. training employees
c. reducing unsafe acts
d. hiring non-accident-prone workers
21. Which of the following is one of the earliest indicators of possible alcoholism in an employee?
c. avoidance of fellow employees
d. domestic problems
22. A drug-free workplace program includes how many components?
23. All of the following are symptoms of employees in the middle stage of alcoholism except:
b. untrue statements
c. frequent absences
d. mood swings
24. Which of the following is an external factor that can lead to job stress?
a. workaholic personality
c. job security
d. locus of control
25. Which of the following safety concerns only became a top priority of employers following the terrorist
attacks of September 11, 2001?
a. internet security
b. physical asset security
c. workplace violence
d. employee selection and screening
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more