TASK – 02
The Department of Spatial Information (DSI) is a State Government department. The major function of DSI is to provide accurate and timely spatial information to other Government departments, but also to make some of this spatial information available to the public. In order to provide both the government and public services, DSI has developed a number of web services that deliver this information through a number of internally developed services and applications. This suite of web services and applications is referred to as the DSI Online
Spatial Delivery System (OSDS).
The OSDS is considered essential by DSI and their users, so these services must be:
• Readily available and accessible at all times,
• Capable of handling heavy loads in times of peak demand,
• Capable of serving downloads to users as required,
• Secure from attacks,
• Capable of providing detailed reports on usage.
DSI have a number of new projects being developed that are expected to increase the demand for its spatial data dramatically. The Executive Management of DSI have looked at a number of proposals to support these new programs. The two alternatives they are investigating are:
1. Increasing the internal DSI Data Centre capacity to host and support the new projects in the OSDS. This would probably need a 50% increase in web infrastructure and support services within the Department. This would necessitate an increase in data centre infrastructure, server numbers as well as a major increase in the bandwidth available to DSI.
2. Migrating the OSDS to a Cloud provider. This would allow DSI to continue to develop and refine the data in its internal Maintenance systems and then move a copy of the completed data to the cloud-based Delivery system for publication.
DSI Management would like to adopt Proposal 2, in order to meet their budget restrictions, but have asked you to prepare a report for the DSI Board that looks at the following aspects of the proposal:
1. The possible delivery and deployment models that DSI should adopt for a cloud-based OSDS. This should include:
a. The advantages and disadvantages of using either an IaaS or PaaS approach for the OSDS, (20 marks) and
b. The possible architecture(s) that could be used to deploy the OSDS (20
2. Should the Board consider the use of a Cloud Edge solution for the OSDS? What advantages and disadvantages would the Edge give to the OSDS? (20 marks)
3. The OSDS software architecture uses a monolithic approach to design, while a move to use the Edge will require many applications and web services to be redesigned as micro services.
a. Explain the differences between monolithic and micro service architectures to the DSI Board using an example (20 marks).
b. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of these two styles of software architecture (20 marks)
4. Your recommended approach for delivery and deployment of the OSDS, including the reasoning for your recommendation (20 marks).
Your report should not exceed 10 pages, excluding references.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to compare and evaluate the ability of different cloud computing architectures to meet a set of given business requirements.
• be able to evaluate a set of business requirements to determine suitability for a cloud computing delivery model.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more