This discussion forum explores a controversial topic: Civil Disobedience. Remember that any argument asks (or perhaps challenges) us to change something about our perspective on a topic or issue. If we are asking our readers to change their perspectives, we need to be persuasive and civil. Likewise, when we are challenged by others with a different opinion, we need to keep an open mind and keep our responses persuasive and civil.
Select either Option A or Option B for a selection of articles to read for this discussion forum.
Option A: Civil Disobedience and Non-violence
1. King, M. (2009). Letter from Birmingham Jail. Letter from Birmingham Jail, 1.
2. Brown, T. M., & Fee, E. (2008). Spinning for India’s Independence. American Journal Of Public Health, 98(1), 39.
3. Perlin, R. (2015). Two Occupys: Dissent (00123846), 62(3), 92-100.
Option B: Civil Disobedience in Cyberspace
1. Ludlow, P. (2013). Hacktivist Witch Hunt. Nation, 297(26/27), 23-26.
2. Iltan, C. (2011). Moving targets. Maclean’s, 124(33/34), 63.
3. Dunion, K. (2011). Viewpoint: In defense of Freedom of Information. Information Polity: The International Journal Of Government & Democracy In The Information Age, 16(2), 93-96. doi:10.3233/IP-2011-0233
Be sure to address all of the following elements in your initial post:
Step 1: Summarize.
Summarize the articles you picked. Write one paragraph. Identify the sources by title and author in your paragraph.
1. What is the main thesis of each?
2. How are they are they different and how are they similar?
Step 2: Using sources to support your argument (point of view).
Now, discuss your perspective of the topic. Support your statements by citing supportive evidence from the articles you read. Remember to use appropriate citations when you quote, paraphrase or summarize. Write one paragraph. Here are some questions you can use as a starting point for your one-paragraph discussion.
1. What is your opinion of the content and the topic? For a researched argument, you would support your opinion by using supporting information from the article. Use in-text citations if you quote, summarize, or paraphrase.
2. Was the article persuasive? How?
3. What reaction did you have to the content of the article? Draw upon personal experience or use other sources to support your discussion.
Just make it 300 words
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more