You and your learning community are a group of inter-related family and friends who immigrated to America from eastern Europe one year ago (late 19th/early 20th century). You have been pooling your resources to get ahead. The women, older children, and most of the men have found work, mostly in the factories, but life is difficult. What should you do to ameliorate your conditions and improve your situation?
In the initial post, put forward your best suggestion to improve your lot in life.
Discuss the merits of your ideas and others by responding to the ideas others are putting forward by making three comment posts (in response to others’ initial posts).
NOTE: You must provide specific and detailed historical evidence in your posts – cite as appropriate. Consider a full host of options not limited to: unions, political response, social responses, further migration, etc.
1. Remember what you have learned about thesis statements and evidence in the Historical Methods Portfolio. Your post should have a thesis statement and it should have both primary and secondary source evidence in support of the thesis
2. DO NOT QUOTE any primary or secondary sources. Paraphrase in your own words and then cite instead.
3. You must properly cite using the Turabian/Chicago style.
4. Primary sources – You may only use primary sources posted in the Blackboard course module OR found under the primary source section of each chapter in American Yawp (always the second to last section of a chapter); you may not utilize sources linked to in the reference section of American Yawp.
Theodore Roosevelt, “The New Nationalism” – Discussion of platform
Woodrow Wilson, “The New Freedom” – Discussion of platformStump Speeches
Roosevelt, “The Liberty of the People” – be sure to listen to the audio of the speech!!!
Wilson, “On Labor”
Taft, “On Popular Unrest”
Debs, “The Monstrous System” of Capitalism
6. To cite a primary source found in the primary sources section of Yawp: Author Document, Name of Document in American Yawp, Chapter #, Section #
7. American Yawp, Chapter 19-20
Initial Post Requirements and Grading Guidelines
1. 250-500 words (the equivalent of 1/2 to 1 full page single spaced or 2-3 paragraphs)
2. Must contain strong thesis statement
3. Must utilize at least one assigned primary source and one secondary source- no outside sources allowed
4. Must utilize specific and detailed historical facts/examples in support of your main thesis
5. Must use Turabian/Chicago FOOTNOTEs
6. Graded upon historical accuracy, clarity, weight of evidence, historical context, logic of argument, and following instructions.
7. Graded upon grammar and mechanics
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more