3. A study of the costs of electricity generation for a sample of 56 British firms in 1946-1947 yielded the following long-run cost function
AVC=1.24+.0033Q + .0000029Q² – .000046QZ – .026Z +.00018Z²
Where ACV= average variable cost (i.e. working costs of generation) measured in pence per kilowatt-hour (kWh). (A pence was British monetary unit equal, at that time to 2 cent U.S)
Q= output, measured in millions of kWh per year
Z= plant size, measured in thousands of kilowatts
4. Assuming that all other factors remain unchanged, determine how a firm’s break-even point is affected by each of the following.
a. The firm finds it necessary to reduce the price per unit because of increased foreign completion
b. The firms direct labor costs are increased as the result of a new labor contract
c. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration ( OSHA) requires the firm to install new venting equipment in its plant. (Assume that this action has no effect on worker productivity)
5. Cool-Aire Corporation manufactures a line of room air conditioners. Its break-eve sales level is 33,000 units. Sales are approximately normally distributed. Expected sales next year are 40,000 units with a standard deviation of 40,000 units
a. Determine the probability that Cool-Aire will incur an operating loss
b. Determine the probability that Cool-Aire will operate above it break-even point.
2. Television channel operating profits very from as high as 45 to 55 percent at MTV and Nickelodeon down to 12 to 18 percent at NBC and ABC. Provide a Porter Fuve Force analysis of each type of network. Why is MTV so profitable relative to the major networks?
6. Assume that a firm in a perfectly competitive industry has the following total cost schedule
OUTPUT (UNITS) TOTAL COST ($)
10. Which of the following products and services are likely to encounter adverse selection problems: golf shirts at travelling pro tournaments, certified gemstones from Tiffany’s graduation, gift travel package or mail-order auto parts? Why or why not?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more