Internship Applied Learning Activities in Response to COVID 19
The Business Internship program has developed a plan to address temporary disruption to students’ internship placements due to national or local events such as communicable diseases, natural disasters, and/or civil unrest.
• Students should contact their site sponsor at their internship location to work together if there are mandatory agency closures and follow the directive of the agency. • If the internship is in a setting where additional support is needed, we encourage students to make every effort to attend the internship as scheduled.
• Unless otherwise discussed with the internship site sponsor and instructor, internships will continue as scheduled.
If a decision is made by a student or the internship location to stay home for a period of time, the BUS Department has developed the option for students to be able to continue to acquire internship hours. Internship Education Virtual Applied Learning Activities are meant to be supplemental to internship experience and not in lieu of agency learning. Students must request this option by emailing the site sponsor and instructor. The student should include:
1. The plan for hours devoted to the activity/activities. This must include specific times, dates, and location.
2. The request must be approved by both the site sponsor and instructor prior to completing the activity/activities.
3. The student must submit written verification of activity completion to the instructor to receive credit for the hours. The maximum number of hours has not been determined but for now, no more than 45 hours may be completed virtually. Requests for more than this will need approval from the instructor.
As noted, I hope you will each be able to continue your internships. However, if circumstances outside of our control prohibit this, please e-mail me immediately to set up the contingency. In the meantime, all weekly time sheets and activity reports should be submitted via Blackboard. The time sheets must be scanned, no photos will be accepted, and the weekly activity reports will be typed as usual.
Should you have any questions, please reach out to me directly. Thanks for all you are doing to be successful in the course.
The below requirements are to ensure that the virtual activities are completely in a professional, appropriate, and timely fashion.
• Students must clear their Competency choice with the Instructor. • Each Competency will be assigned a mutually agreeable due date with the Instructor and the student and due dates must be arranged weekly. • Students that need to complete hours must check in via e-mail, Zoom, Google Hangout, etc. with the Instructor weekly.
• All students will continue to complete their assignments and discussions via Blackboard. • Students are responsible for ensuring they complete the 90-hours of work at the Internship location or via Applied Learning Activities Competencies. This includes checking in weekly with the Instructor, ensuring work is completely in a timely fashion, and to a high-standard.
Internship Education Applied Learning Activity Ideas for Students by Competency
Competency 2: Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
• Utilize self-reflection to think about personal identities and biases in practice. Write a summary.
• Apply a “diversity and inclusion” lens through research and writing to current projects.
• Read and write a reflection on current literature related to diversity and difference. • Write a reflection about how personal intersecting identities impact work and relationships in a field agency and with client/community groups being served.
• Review standards in your field of study (Accounting) related to oppression, discrimination and marginalization. Write a reflection suggesting improvements.
• In writing, identify the unique cultural composition of the client population served by the agency. Identify ways in which the agency meets the needs of the client population and identify how this could be improved.
• Research, identify, and complete an online training focused on a population served by the agency. Identify how this information could be used to better advocate for the needs of this population in practice.
• Identify Ted Talks, YouTube videos and podcasts related to social work practice. Write about personal reactions and how your learning applies to diversity and difference in practice.
• As above this should be a ten (10) paged, double-spaced paper with at least six (6) external sources and be formatted with MLA in-text citations and an MLA works cited.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more