1) Do you agree with Didion’s implicit criticism of what marriage has become in our culture? What purposes do you believe it still serves?
2) Cofer intersperses her story with digressions, ruminations. (In other words, she interrupts the story, the narrative, with her ideas.) Are there any other essays that we’ve read so far (from either chapter) that do this? Do you find it effective?
3) In “Fifth Avenue, Uptown,” where is the thesis statement? That is, what is the main point and where is it? Do you think that its position in the essay is effective? Should it be more or less clearly stated?
4) Byers’s essay is a meditation on the significance of national monuments, particularly those in Washington D. C. In light of the recent protests, which national (or state or local) monuments do you think are relevant & important today, and which ones, if any, should be removed? Be sure to give clear reasons for your positions.
5) Even though they appear vastly different, what similarities exist between “Once More to the Lake” and “Monuments to our Better Nature”? Anything about persistence, about ritual, about vitality? More?
6) Think about the parts of speech — verbs, nouns, pronouns, conjunctions, adjectives, prepositions, adverbs, and interjections. Which of these can be the most powerful in description? Does it depend on the circumstances, the subject matter?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more