1. What is one difference between qualitative and quantitative analysis?
2. Use Table 1 to determine which metal ion would be identified as the reactant if a reaction with ammonia produces a violet complex? Use scientific reasoning to explain your answer.
3. Use the pH scale to describe an acidic solution and a basic solution. At what pH would a solution be considered neutral? Why?
Table 2: Litmus Test Results of OH- and H+ Solution Type
Initial Litmus Color
Final Litmus Color
Acid or Base? Acetic acid
Acid Sodium bicarbonate
Base Table 3: Test Results Solution Type
Final Carbonate Ion
Bubble formation when an acid is added
Bubbles Sulfate Ion
White precipitates when barium chloride is added to the solution.
White precipitates Phosphate Ion
Formation of white precipitate
White precipitate formed Calcium Ion
Formation of precipitate
Precipitate Table 4: Determination of an Unknown Results
Carbonate Ion Test Tube
Sulfate Ion Test Tube
Phosphate Ion Test Tube Observations
No bubbles observed. Solution remained clear
White precipitate formed Result: Positive or Negative?
1. What ion is contained in the unknown solution? Use your results as evidence.
2. Imagine that the unknown solution contains aqueous ammonium sulfate, which is commonly used in fertilizer. Write a balanced equation for the precipitation of barium sulfate after mixing aqueous ammonium sulfate and barium chloride.
3. Identify and discuss any sources of error for this experiment. How could you mitigate error?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more