July 17, 2015
Instructions for Changes in the Land
Is due on Aug 6th of 2015
IMPORTANT: ONLY IF YOU HAVE READ THE BOOK and HAVE THE BOOK.
Book Name: Changes In The Land: Indians, Colonists, and the Ecology of New England by William Cronon. ISBN-10: 0-8090-0158-6
WRITING INSTRUCTIONS DOWNLOAD: ZIP FILE
THIS ESSAY MUST BE DONE BY A+ AND WITH GOOD RATING WRITTER.
1. Your opening paragraph should briefly address these two questions: In general, what is this book about? What is Cronon’s thesis?
2. When Europeans first arrived in New England, what did they find? What were the most important ways the New England environment differed from that of Europe? In what ways did they find that environment to be of value to them?
3. Explain how the New England enviroment-plants, animals, climate, topography- accounted for the diversity found in the indian tribes that lived there? For example, how does it explain why northern New England tribes differed from those in southern New England? What were those differences? In what ways did the New England enviroment shape or influence the development of the lifestyle and society of the tribes that lived there? How did Indians shape and manipulate the environment to fit their lifestyles?
4. Describe the respective roles of men and women in Indian society.
5. The Indian view of property and land possession differed significantly from that of Europeans. Briefly discuss how the indians viewed property and the possession of land. HOw did the European’s views on those subjects lead them to be critical of the indian way of life and to justify their taking of Indian land?
6. Discuss the impact of European diseases on Indian populations and society. Why were the indians so susceptile to these discases? In what ways did diseases change and devastatc Indian society?
7. How did the European conquest of New England dramatically alter its environment? In particular, discuss how the European demand for certain plant and animal products change the character of the enviroment. How did European farming practices affect New England’s environment? Your discussion should include two key example cited by Cronon.
8. What did you think of the book? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more