Module 7 Essay Review Questions
Read chapter 16 of your text. Answer the Discussion Questions on pages 551-552 (questions 1-11) in essay format.
Use a minimum of 2 scholarly sources, listed in APA format. See attached tutorial on APA format.
1. D iscuss the differences between fraud and abuse. D uring your discussion,provide examples of each and how health care managers might deal with them.
2. H ow has the history of health care compliance changed since its inception?(H int: L ook at the ways in which penalties have increased in various ways.) W hat do you think will be the key to getting control of the issue of fraud and abuse in the future?
3. C hoose one of the recent laws that have been enacted that are included in thechapter and discuss why it is or isn’t an effective stop-gap to health care fraud and abuse.
4. E MT AL A is a far-reaching act; explain several of its benefits and describehow it is effective at preventing fraud and abuse as opposed to detecting it.
5. D escribe your responsibilities as a health care manager as they apply to fraudand abuse. W hat if you were a unit manager? A department manager? A member of the executive division?
6. As you try to understand the fact that tens of billions of dollars are lost tofraud, is it the number that is troublesome or the fact that nobody can agree on an estimate? W hat is being done and can be done to reduce fraud and prevent it?
7. Y ou are the new compliance manager for a health care organization.D escribe the steps you will take to ensure that your compliance plan is legal and effective.
8. A physician and his colleague decide to set up a laboratory owned by adummy corporation in their wives’ names and begin to refer patients to this laboratory. W hat (if any) laws have they violated?
9. A psychiatrist bills for 10 hours of psychotherapy and medication checks for adeceased woman. H as he committed fraud or abuse? C an the deceased woman’s estate press charges if the bills were sent to Medicare, and not to the family?
10. An attorney sees a plastic surgeon and is so happy with her face-lift that shebegins to refer all her friends and family. At her 6-month follow-up, she says, “So, D oc, I’ve sent you all these patients, where’s my 30% cut of your fees?” W hat should the plastic surgeon do?
11. W hile working on your homework for this course and surfing the Internet to check out all the fascinating links, you realize the person who manages the branch of the new durable medical equipment company (D ME xcellence) where you work looks just like someone on the O IG Most W anted list. H e even has the same first name! And he has a wife who looks like the woman on the list with him! W hile you really need this new job to help pay your way through school, you have a sinking feeling all is not good at D ME xcellence.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more