Summarize the chapter and answer the following questions as part of your summary:
1. What was the attitude and role of Augustus’ wife in his probation work? Consider any direct or indirect references to her. Consider also the role of other women mentioned by Augustus. Augustus’ general attitude towards women, as inferred from his references to women, may be another important part of an answer to this question.
2. Augustus mentioned the number of people transported in his horse carriage. He also gave the number of clients he handled each year. There is a vast discrepancy in these two sets of numbers. What are the numbers? Based on other things in the reading, how could this discrepancy be explained?
3. Augustus gradually moved the bulk of his probation work from the Police Court to the Municipal Court. How much did he shift from one court to the other? Why? Did this affect the kinds of cases he handled? Did shifting to the Municipal Court bring a shift from probation to other work?
4. Did handling different kinds of cases require different amounts and kinds of work on the part of Augustus? What were the different kinds of cases? What did he have to do in the different kinds of cases? What differences were there in the ways he handled different kinds of cases? What consequences did this have for his own life?
5. Where did the money come from for Augustus’ probation work? Did the sources of money change as time went by? How much bail was he liable for? How much was he actually putting up? How did the expenses of probation affect his personal wealth? What assets did he have at the end?
6. Why did Augustus stop his efforts to shut down houses of prostitution? What was different about these cases? What were the special difficulties with these cases? What was the opposition in these cases? Did Augustus think that police or other officials had connections to houses of prostitution?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more