Assignments 3 and 4
These assignments allow you to study an authentic case study (an educational intervention) of your choice that is related to your professional interests.
Once you have received formative feedback from your lecturer on your Assignment 1: “Proposal for a case study”, then you can further develop your Assignment 1: “Proposal” into Assignments 3 and 4.
Assignment 3 is the Critical Literature Review and Justification to support your case study (educational intervention)
Assignment 4 is the Method, Results and Critical Discussion about your case study (educational intervention)
Submit Assignments 3 and 4 as one paper written in the style of a journal article. For a model of a well-written journal article in the style required for these assignments see,
Reading 11: Center, Y., Freeman, L., Robertson, G., & Outhres, L. (1999). The effect of visual imagery training on the reading and listening comprehension of low listening comprehenders in Year 2. Journal of Research in Reading, 22(3), 241-256.
(Note that this paper by Center et al. (1999) is provided as a model of writing, even though the actual topic of this paper may not be related to your own practical project)
Guidelines for Assignments 3 & 4: Case study investigation (educational intervention)
1. This case study is intended to be a brief investigation. In most cases it is likely to involve just a single student/participant. The intervention should be brief – perhaps one or two 15-30min sessions. DO NOT MAKE THIS A LARGE SCALE INVESTIGATION.
2. Select one of your mini-plans that you are particularly interested in, from the weekly exercises in the study guide/workbook, and develop it into a more extended plan for teaching-learning. This will be your EDUCATIONAL INTERVENTION.
3. Find a learner (a student, friend, family member) whose learning would benefit from your educational intervention. This will be your CASE STUDY (Participant).
4. Read and provide a critical review of literature about the concepts underpinning your educational intervention. (Note that a critical literature review is NOT an annotated bibliography. Rather, in a critical literature review you bring together, analyse (break down), and synthesise (re-form and connect in new ways) research and evidence about your area of study.
5. Explain why you hypothesise (predict) that your educational intervention will be of benefit to your case study.
6. Pre-intervention: Collect some data from your case study in the area of your proposed educational intervention. Data might include work samples, questionnaires, interviews, observations, tests. Provide analysis and brief extracts of this pre-intervention data.
7. Work with your case study, over one or two sessions, to put into practice your educational intervention.
8. Provide the record of everything that you (as teacher) and your case study (as learner) do during the educational intervention, so that another researcher or teacher could replicate your method.
9. Post-intervention: Collect data that will allow you to make a good estimate of the effect of your educational intervention on your case study. Data might include work samples, questionnaires, interviews, observations, tests that parallel the form of data collected at the pre-intervention stage.
10. From your results, critically analyse the effects that your educational intervention had upon your case study. What worked well? What didn’t work? Make suggestions for future improvements/modifications/extensions to your educational intervention.
11. Include a Reference list in APA style that exactly matches your in-text citations
Stay within the word limit in your assignment.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more