The following are some conceptual models and theories you may choose from; however, you may choose any nurse theorist:
Betty NeumanÂ –
Dorothea OremÂ – Self-Care Deficit Theory
Dorothy Johnson – BehaviorialÂ System Model
Faye G. AbdallahÂ – Patient-CenteredÂ Approaches Theory
Florence Nightingale Environmental Model
Hildegard PeplauÂ – Interpersonal Process Theory
Ida Jean Orlando – Nursing Process
Imogene King –
Jean Watson – Nursing as Caring Theory
Madeleine LiningerÂ – Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality
Margaret Newman – Health Expanding Consciousness
Martha Rogers – Science of Unitary of Human Being
SisterÂ CallistaÂ Roy – Adaptation Model
Steps to follow to do your critique (analysis and evaluation):
You can visit the Fitne website to watch videos about the above mentioned theorist.
You can use the Internet to find a journal or articles that provides an analysis and critique of a theory of nursing as a resource to start working with your own critique.Â
Choose your theorist by logging into Fitne entering the following information:
Username: medical center campus
Under the Nurse Theorists: Portraits of Excellence (Volume I) link select the theorist of your choice
On the left navigation area select a topic to view
Your critique paper must address the five (5) topics as shown in the Â Nursing Critique Rubric (MP3) Nursing Critique Rubric (MP3) – Alternative Formats .Â
Be typed according to the APA style
1. Â Describe the main ideas of the theory (should include the assumptions under which the theory operates).
2. Â What are the main concepts?
3. Â What are the main relationships between the concepts?
4. Â How do different concepts affect each other?
1. Â What was going on in the profession of nursing or in American society that may have influenced the theory?
2. Â What values, theories, evidence, and/or existing knowledge did the theorist cite as support for the theory?
3. Â What motivated the theorist to write the theory?
4. Â What approach to theory development did the theorist use?
1. Â How useful is this theory in practice?
2. Â Is the theory practical and helpful to nursing?
3. Â Does it contribute to understanding and predicting outcomes?
4. Â Cite an example/case study where this theory could be used.
1. Â How testable is this theory?
2. Â Has this theory generated research? How many and what types of studies?
3. Â Give one example of a study done using the theory
4. Â What types of statements are the propositions?
1. Â Is the theory comprehensive and specific?
2. Â How general is the theory?
3. Â Summarize the strengths and weaknesses of the theory.
4. Â Why would you use or not use this theory in your own advanced practice?
PLEASE REVIEW THE ATTACHMENT.Â
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more