In addition to solving the problems, write a 3 – 5 page APA formatted paper explaining the process that lead to the resolution.
* Calculators may be used to check answers where calculators are part of assignments but you must show your work and not just state the answers.
Chapter 6 exercises
4. In a study on caffeine and stress, college students indicated how many cups of coffee they drink per day and their stress level on a scale of 1 to 10. The data are provided in the following table.
Number of cups of coffee stress level
Calculate a pearson’s r to determine the type and strength of the relationship between caffeine and stress level. How much of the variability in stress scores is accounted for by the number of cups of coffee consumed per day?
6. Assuming that the regression equation for relationship between IQ score and psychology exam score is Y’ = 9 + 0. 274, what would you expect the psychology exam score to be for the following individuals given their IQ exam scores?
Individual IQ SCORE (X) Psychology Exam Score (Y)
Chapter 7 Exercises
8. The admissions counselors at Brainy University believe that the freshman class they have just recruited is the brightest yet. If they want to test this belief (that the freshmen are brighter than the other classes), what are the null and alternative hypotheses? Is this a one- or two tailed hypothesis test?
10. A researcher believes that family size has increased in the past decade in comparison to the previous decade- that is, people are now having more children than they were before. What are the null and alternative hypotheses in a study designed to assess this? Is this a one- or two-tailed hypothesis test?
12. Assume that each of the following conclusions represents an error in hypothesis testing. Indicate whether each of the statements is a type I or a type II error.
a. based on the date, the null hypothesis is rejected.
b. there is no significant difference in quality of care between nurses who work 8 and 12hour shifts.
c. there is a significant difference between right and left handers in their ability to perform a spatial task.
d. the researcher fails to reject the null hypothesis based on these data.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more