Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet
If you did not take UNV 104 or if you would like to review the writing concepts introduced in UNV 104, it is suggested that you view a media piece entitled, “The Writing Process,” which is available to support the development of your writing skills. For this Topic, focus on the “Planning and Getting Started?” section of the media piece.
Part 1: Select a Topic
Choose a topic for your persuasive essay from the list below. If you would like to write about a topic that is not on the list, please list it below within your answer to the first question to request approval.
· Stem cell research
· Prison reform
· Health Insurance/Healthcare Reform
· Social Media and the Workplace
· Internet Censorship
· Use of Title I funds
· Compensation for College Athletes
· Net Neutrality
· Global Warming
· Genetically modified food
· Charter schools
· Nuclear Energy
· Renewable Energy
· Standardized Testing
1) What is the topic you have chosen for your persuasive essay?
2) Begin thinking about the different issues associated with the topic you have selected, narrow your focus, and take a pro or con position for the subject of your essay. Present a simple statement of your position here. Example statement: Same-sex marriage should be legalized.
3) Give rationale for that stance. (50-100 words. Avoid using emotional reasoning and focus on facts and evidence to help support you rationale)?
Section II: Identify your Audience
Review the media piece before beginning this section: http://lc.gcumedia.com/phi105/persuasive-writing-website/persuasive-writing-website-v1.1.html
Answer the following questions regarding the audience for your essay in complete sentences.
1) Who do you intend to persuade with your essay (Audience) and why (avoid naming instructor, friends, family peers and colleagues?
2) What is the appropriate way to address this audience (professional, familial, friendly)? Why?
3) What about your topic is important to your audience? What about your topic is not important to your audience?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more