A great PBS Frontline documentary on the persuasion industry, in both advertising and politics. This website offers a variety of instructional materials, and to watch the documentary, click on the “Watch the full program” link on the right top corner of the screen.
Group assignment 4 is to watch the movie “The Persuaders” and answer the 5 questions at the bottom of this page (underneath the link for the movie). Post your responses (just one set of answers for the entire group) in your group’s discussion board, under the title “Final Answers.” The movie is enjoyable, and lasts about 90 minutes. Make your responses as long as they need to be to answer the questions adequately. This assignment is intended to help you to understand the content of the chapters, and to give you some ideas to ponder in completing the last homework assignment. Good luck!
Click on the link below to watch the video: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/persuaders/
The questions you must answer for group assignment 4:
1. When creating an ad for “Song Airlines,” Spade says that he did not want to make the ad a “literal delivery of a benefit.” What does he mean by this and why is he trying to avoid it?
2. Why is studying cults useful in understanding persuasion and how to market a product?
3. The French advertising guru Coltaire Rapaille believes that the power of words is not in their literal definitions. Where/how do words acquire their meanings and associations, according to Rapaille?
4. Rapaille wants to know more about the “reptilian mind” of the consumer more than the “mammalian mind.” Why does Rappaille find the reptilian mind more important when it comes to persuasion?
5. Rapaille once told a French company that “In America, the cheese is dead.” Frank Luntz says that he watches a lot of television to find the “pulse” or “vibe” of Americans. What main point about the effective ability to persuade are they both making?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more