Assignment 2: Practicum – Assessing Client Progress
· Assess progress for clients receiving psychotherapy
· Differentiate progress notes from privileged notes
· Analyze preceptor’s use of privileged notes
· Reflect on the client you selected for the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
· Review the Cameron and Turtle-Song (2002) article in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance on writing case notes using the SOAP format.
Part 1: Progress Note
Using the client from your Week 3 Assignment, address the following in a progress note (without violating HIPAA regulations):
· Treatment modality used and efficacy of approach
· Progress and/or lack of progress toward the mutually agreed-upon client goals (reference the Treatment plan—progress toward goals)
· Modification(s) of the treatment plan that were made based on progress/lack of progress
· Clinical impressions regarding diagnosis and/or symptoms
· Relevant psychosocial information or changes from original assessment (i.e., marriage, separation/divorce, new relationships, move to a new house/apartment, change of job, etc.)
· Safety issues
· Clinical emergencies/actions taken
· Medications used by the patient (even if the nurse psychotherapist was not the one prescribing them)
· Treatment compliance/lack of compliance
· Clinical consultations
· Collaboration with other professionals (i.e., phone consultations with physicians, psychiatrists, marriage/family therapists, etc.)
· Therapist’s recommendations, including whether the client agreed to the recommendations
· Referrals made/reasons for making referrals
· Termination/issues that are relevant to the termination process (i.e., client informed of loss of insurance or refusal of insurance company to pay for continued sessions)
· Issues related to consent and/or informed consent for treatment
· Information concerning child abuse, and/or elder or dependent adult abuse, including documentation as to where the abuse was reported
· Information reflecting the therapist’s exercise of clinical judgment
Note: Be sure to exclude any information that should not be found in a discoverable progress note.
Part 2: Privileged Note
Based on this week’s readings, prepare a privileged psychotherapy note that you would use to document your impressions of therapeutic progress/therapy sessions for your client from the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
· The privileged note should include items that you would not typically include in a note as part of the clinical record.
· Explain why the items you included in the privileged note would not be included in the client’s progress note.
· Explain whether your preceptor uses privileged notes, and if so, describe the type of information he or she might include. If not, explain why.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more