Problem Set Three
Notes: Use 9.8 m/s 2 for the acceleration due to gravity. For Newton’s Law calculations, mass must be expressed in kg and velocity must be expressed in m/s.
1. An automobile weighs 2000 lb. Calculate the weight of the car in N and its mass in kg.
2. What is the acceleration of a car that moves from a speed of 2.5 m/s to a speed of 25 m/s during a time of 6.5 s?
3. An astronaut has a mass of 120 kg. She recedes from her spacecraft using spurts of gas from a small unit on her back. If the force generated by the gas spurt is 50 N, calculate her acceleration.
4. A steady 45 N horizontal force is applied to a 15 kg object on a table. The object slides against a friction force of 30 N. Calculate the acceleration of the object in m/s.
5. A man with a mass of 110 kg slides down a vertical pole with an acceleration of 9 m/s2. What is the frictional force acting on the man?
6. A space ship has a mass of 75,000 kg. What net force is required to accelerate it to 20 m/s2 ?
7. A net force of 3500 N accelerates a car from rest to 46 km/h in 5 s. What is the mass of the car?
8. A force of 3.2 N is applied to an 8.5 gram rifle bullet. What is the bullet’s acceleration?
9. An automobile is pulled by a horizontal tow line, with a force of 950 N. If its acceleration is 1.0 m/s2, calculate the mass of the automobile.
10. What is the weight in Newtons of a 250 gram box of breakfast cereal?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more