Datasets and description for the case assignments:
1. In this project, you are required estimate the demand for “economy” vehicles using the variables provided. The dependent variable is QE_Y and there are 11 independent variables (X1 to X11)
2. Identify the relationship between the dependent variable (Y) and each of the independent variables (X). For example, the relationship between variable QE_Y and variable PownL_X2 is positive. Economy vehicles and Luxury vehicles are substitute. If the rate of luxury vehicles (and PownL_X2) rises, the quantity demanded for economy vehicles (QE_Y) increases.
3. Using Excel or any other statistical software to run regression analysis and estimate the coefficients of each independent variable X. Your model should look like the following:
QE_Y = constant (or intercept) + a1X1+ a2X2+ a3X3+ a4X4+ a5X5+ a6X6+ a7X7+ a8X8+ a9X9+ a10X10+ a11X11+ a12X12
4. Compute elasticities for PownE_X1, PownL_X2, and pcomp_X3 for week 30.
5. What other factors besides price might be included in this equation? Do you foresee any difficulty in obtaining these additional data or incorporating them in the regression analysis?
6. What proportion of the variation in the dependent variable is explained by the independent variables in the equations?
Rent-A-Car: Description of the variables in the data set
Number of rental contracts initiated each week in the economy category
Average daily rate Rent-A-Car charged for its economy cars in a given week
Average daily rate Rent-A-Car charged for its luxury vehicles in a given week
Average daily rate of the only competitor across all vehicle categories
Binary variable with 1 indicating weeks when college is in session
Number of days in a week with severe weather
Number of unemployed workers in the county as of Tuesday each week
Number of flights (in- and outbound) serving the local airport that week
Total number of flights cancelled that week
Binary variable with 1 indicating weeks of national holidays (long weekends)
Number of major accidents that week
Amount spent on local advertising each week
Average age of our fleet measured in weeks
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more