This assignment requires you to prepare a procedure guide for a security audit in Ken 7 Windows Limited.
Ken 7 Windows Limited has acquired several new servers and workstations to support the new enterprise
resource planning (ERP) software. You want to ensure the new computers comply with Microsoft’s initial
secure baseline. You choose to use the Microsoft baseline security analyzer (MBSA) tool to assess the
basic security for all of your Windows computers. MBSA will identify many of the basic vulnerabilities
found in Windows environments. MBSA’s vulnerability report provides a good starting point for securing
new and existing Windows computers. You need to develop procedures to ensure that each computer in
your environment has no reported vulnerabilities.
Using the format below, describe the steps to follow to scan multiple computers for security vulnerabilities
using MBSA. Include steps to research and address any reported vulnerabilities. Assume you plan to run
MBSA on a new server that does not have MBSA installed.
Fill in the details for each procedural step to audit each computer and address discovered vulnerabilities.
1) Acquire and install MBSA.
2) Scan computers.
3) Review scan results.
4) Identify vulnerabilities you need to address.
5) Document the steps to address each vulnerability.
1 Format: Microsoft Word
2. Font: Arial, Size 12, Double-Space
3. Citation Style: APA Style
4. Length: 1–2 pages
5. I have properly organized the steps necessary for malware-free environment.
6. I have given a proper justification of the following steps in the security audit procedure guide:
o Download and install MBSA.
o Use MBSA to scan multiple computers.
o Review the scan results.
o Identify vulnerabilities to mitigate.
o Document the steps necessary to mitigate selected vulnerabilities.
Ken 7 Windows Limited is a manufacturer of Windows for residential and commercial builders. Ken 7
Windows Limited carries a variety of Windows and related products. It supplies builders with all of the
tools and supplies to install finished Windows in any type of building.
Ken 7 Windows Limited has just purchased a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) software package
to help control costs and increase both quality and customer responsiveness. The ERP software collects
and stores information including:
• Raw material costs
• Labor costs
• Materials and labor requirements for products
• Purchasing requirements
Ken 7 Windows Limited has identified six basic roles for users in the new ERP software:
• Administrators—maintain ERP data and system operation.
• Planners—run planning software and generate requirements reports.
• Shop Floor users —enter operational data (receiving, shipping, and product progress during
• Managers—manage department personnel.
• Purchasing users—generate purchasing documents based on planning requirements.
• Accounting users—maintain cost and accounting data.
Access controls limit what users or roles can do with different types of data. For example, consider the
following types of data:
• Cost information—raw materials and labor costs, including the cost of finished goods.
• Manufacturing details—cost, amount of labor, and time required to produce finished goods.
• Purchasing requirements—rules for determining when raw materials, components, or supplies
should be purchased.
Through access control:
• Cost information can be viewed only by Accounting users.
• Manufacturing details can be viewed only by Shop Floor users.
• Purchasing requirement can be viewed only by Purchasing users.
During the analysis phase of the ERP implementation, Ken 7 Windows Limited raised concerns about
users being able to access restricted data.
• Accounting users are able to login to shop floor computers.
• Purchasing users are able to access human resource (HR) applications and data.
The ERP implementation team suggested the following access control measures to protect restricted
• Create an organizational unit (OU) in Active Directory for shop floor computers.
• Deploy Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to restrict shop floor users to the shop floor OU.
• Define data access controls in the ERP software to deny access for all non-HR users to restricted
Implementation of several access control measures helped Ken 7 Windows Limited to restrict the data
access. Hence access control and authentication is important, as it helped Ken 7 Windows Limited in
reducing costs and increasing profits
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more