Week 5 – Final Paper
Your good friends have just adopted a four-year-old child. At this point, the only socialization decision they have made is that the child is going to preschool. Imagine that you are an expert in your chosen field. Your friends have come to you for advice and to devise a plan to raise their child. They ask you to be frank with them and give them specific examples to support your opinions. They are determined to raise this child to the best of their ability. Since they are new parents, they need advice on everything!
The Final Paper should include the following:
1. Summarize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model and describe why it is important for them to be aware of this theory.
2. Suggest and explain a parenting style/philosophy (authoritarian, authoritative, or permissive) that you believe will be most beneficial for the child and the family.
3. Explain which childcare (nanny, center-based, or family-based care) option (before/during/after preschool) you think is best for the child and why. Be sure to include discussion of the social factors that influence the likelihood of the family selecting a particular form of childcare.
4. Share specific suggestions, including at least two to implement safe technology use in the home. Explain how the media can (both positively and negatively) influence the child.
5. Discuss the importance of culture and ethnicity in the development of the self-concept. Share your ideas of ways that the new parents can create opportunities for the child to learn about his or her culture.
6. Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude.
7. Differentiate between the importance of socialization that occurs in the home and at school. Explain the importance of each venue as a positive haven for the child.
8. Explain the importance of the teacher’s role in the child’s life. Give examples of how the school and the teacher will affect the child’s socialization.
9. Share the importance of positive peer interactions. Give two examples for the parents to implement at home to foster friendships.
10. The conclusion of the Final Paper should include the following:
a. Brief discussion of the student’s future profession and how understanding the nature of families and children in relation to society is important for that profession.
b. Discussion of how the student’s knowledge of the theories of socialization will impact his or her work in the future profession.
c. Discussion of how the student’s understanding of child development will assist him or her in the chosen profession.
The Final Paper:
1. Must be seven to nine double-spaced pages in length, not including the title page, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of Final Paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must be well organized and reflect college-level writing.
4. Must be supported by at least five scholarly sources in addition to the text.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more