Attached is The Study Guide along with Lecture Notes to answer the questions below.
General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev
1. Who is Mikhail Gorbachev?
2. What is Perestroika?
3. What is Glasnost?
4. What is Demokratizatsia?
6. When was the first contested election in the Soviet Union?
7. What were the psychological incentives (two) that Gorbachev used to boost Soviet production?
8. What was Gorbachev’s main priority for Perestroika when launched in June 1987?
9. Name three features of Perestroika.
11. What results must Gorbachev produce to succeed? (4)
1. Why wasn’t Gorbachev surprised there was a coup? Give 3 reasons.
2. Why was the Army upset with the reforms?
3. Why do you think the Communist party hindered Gorbachev’s reforms? Why do you think he did not get rid of the party?
4. How did Gorbachev punish Yeltsin for criticizing his reforms?
5. In the end, what caused Gorbachev and Yeltsin to resolve their differences?
6. What is the Union of Sovereign States?
7. What happened to Gorbachev during the coup?
8. What did Yeltsin do during the coup? (3)
9. How did the people of Moscow show support for Yeltsin?
10. What happened to the plotters after the coup?
1. After the coup, why was there a vacuum at the political center? What did the republic do?
2. What finally removed Gorbachev from power?
3. Which of Yeltsin’s initial decisions about his new government became fatal to the 1st Russian Republic?
4. What is Dyarchy? Why did it cause so much trouble between Yeltsin and Parliament?
5. Why was there another civil war in October 1993?
6. Why wasn’t Yeltsin happy with his new parliament in December 1993?
7. Why did Russia go into Chechnya?
8. Why do people say that Yeltsin was corrupt?
9. What is the Rule of Law?
10. Who did Yeltsin compete with in the ’96 Presidential Elections? Why is that a worry for reform-minded democrats?
11. Name two indicators of Russia’s soft state.
12. How do Russians view the Yeltsin era today?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more